Empowered Women Leading ...
- The National Federation of Business and Professional Women's clubs (NFBPWC) / Enterprising and Professional Women of the United States of America (EPW-USA) is a member driven organization dedicated to empowering women to reach their full potential in the workplace, with equal participation in power and decision making roles.
- The NFBPWC takes action to achieve women's equality in social, economic, community and political terms. By developing policy, collaborating on projects, lobbying and advocacy, EPW strives to obtain equal pay, equal rights, equal representation, equal opportunities and safety for women.
The National Federation of Business and Professional Women's clubs (NFBPWC) develops the business,professional and leadership potential of women on all levels through education,advocacy,networking,mentoring,skillbuilding and economic empowerment programs and projects.
Who Are We - Where Do You Fit In?
- National network of Business and Professional Women with global affiliation to the International Federation of Business and Professional Women in 109 countries across five continents.
- We represent women in the workplace, in enterprise and community, through government advocacy, networking and education.
- We have a history and shared commitment to women's issues for over 85 years.
Our Ambition - Acting Locally, Nationally and Globally.
Equal Participation of Women and Men in Power and Decision-Making Roles
- Take professional responsibility on all levels in the economy, politics and society.
- Think and act locally, nationally and internationally.
- Engage in networking, mentoring and lobbying.
- Enjoy lifelong learning.
- Work cooperatively with the United Nations and other national and international organizations.
- Develop the professional, business and leadership potential of all women.
BPW International, has Consultative Status with the United Nations
The International Federation of Business and Professional Women (IFBPW) also known as BPW International- is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that has had Consultative Status with the United Nations through the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) since 1947. At present there are a total of twenty-one members serving as representatives of IFBPW at the United Nations and its subsidiary organs, specialized agencies and related organizations.
BPW: What is BPW?
Our Roots: History & Strength in Advocacy
The root of BPW’s advocacy is embedded in the work with the United Nations. BPW lobbied for the formation of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) and supported many women’s issues. BPW was awarded a Peace Messenger Certificate from UN Secretary-General Javier Perez de Cuellar in 1987. Esther Hymer, BPW representative at the UN, was named as one of three women playing a significant role in the work of the UN Commission by Secretary-General Kofi Annan in 1997.
Today, BPW continues its representation at UN Headquarters in New York, Vienna, Geneva; UN regional offices (UNECA, UNECE, UNESCAP, UNESCWA, UNECLAC); UNESCO, UNICEF, ILO, WHO, UNCTAD, UNIDO, FAO, UN DPI; Council of Europe; European Women’s Lobby and continues to work closely with UNIFEM.
To learn more about Business and Professional Women International, go to www.bpw-international.org